The Personal Information we Collect
When we do business with you, we will ask you to provide us with a host of personally identifiable information (“PII”) such as your name, email address, business name, telephone number, email address, physical address, VAT number, etc. The primary reason for this is that we need to know who we are dealing with, and the secondary reason for this is that we are required by law to ascertain and verify the identity of our clients.
Usage Data is collected automatically when using our website. This may include information such as your device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our website that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. When you access our website through a mobile device, we may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data. We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website or when you access our website by or through a mobile device. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies is strictly for statistical purposes and to determine the visitor traffic patterns through our website and cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you.
How we use your Personal Information
There are many legitimate reasons that we may use your personal information, including –
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our website.
- To manage Your Account: to manage your registration as a user of our website. The Personal Data you provide can give you access to different functionalities of our website that are available to you as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services you have purchased or of any other contract with us through our website.
- To contact You: To contact you by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage your requests: To attend and manage your requests to us.
- For other purposes: We may use your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our website, products, services, marketing and your experience.
We may share Your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to contact You.
- For business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Our business to another company.
- With business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside.
- With Your consent: We may disclose Your personal information for any other purpose with Your consent.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Disclosure of Personal Information
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services.
- We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. For example, we encrypt our laptops and our phones. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of it. We back-up all your personal information on a regular basis.
Our Information Officer
As per our Registration Certificate, Andrew Goldschmidt has been registered with the Information Regulator by Ashersons Attorneys as the Information Officer in terms of section 55(2) of the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”) with effect from 07 June 2021 under Registration Number: 21440/2021-2022/IRRTT.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our website is used. These third parties do NOT have access to your Personal Information, but do have access to your Non-Personal Information which they use only to perform these tasks on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Non-Personal Information for internal analysis purposes. Non-Personal Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our LMS service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
All users of our website shall, having provided adequate proof of his/her identity to us, be entitled to –
- submit a request in writing to us to confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold Personal Information about such User; and
- request from us the record or a description of the Personal Information about the User held, including Information about the identity of all third parties, or categories of third parties, who have, or have had, access to the Personal Information at a reasonable fee charged by us within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of such request.
Use of our website and any electronic transaction concluded with us are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. If any user accesses our website from locations outside of the Republic of South Africa, that user is responsible for compliance with all local laws.