In law, conveyancing is the transfer of legal title held by one person in immovable property from that person to another, or the granting of an encumbrance over the property such as a mortgage bond or a lien to a third party.
When planning to buy, sell or manage your most important investment, your property, you need legal assistance of the highest quality to ensure that you get the most out of your asset, and also to ensure that you are adequately protected at each step of the transfer.
At Ashersons our attorneys can assist you in all aspects to do with the management, ownership and transfer of property including;
- Agreements Relating to Property
- Property Tax Law and Structuring
- Property Developments and Schemes
- Advice on applications for Development Rights
- Rezoning Advice and Procedure
- Residential, Industrial and Commercial Property Transactions
- Deeds Registration and Conveyancing
- Mortgage and Notarial Bonds
- Notarial Services
- Leases (commercial and residential)
If you are selling your house, flat or building then you are going to most certainly need a number of certificates of compliance (“compliance certificates“) before transfer can be registered. You’ll be well-advised to get them sooner rather than later if you don’t want to delay the transfer. They include:
- Electrical Certificate
- Electrical Fence System Compliance Certificate
- Water Installation Certificate
- Gas Compliance Certificate
- Beetle Certificate
We discuss these compliance certificates in our recent article, accessible here: Certificates of Compliance
With offices just 100 meters down the road from the Deeds Office, we are well positioned to ensure that your transfers are registered on time and without delay.