The Personal Information we Collect
- While you use this website, we may collect your personal information or you may provide it to us (for example by enquiring or subscribing to our newsletter). For example, your name, email address or telephone number.
- We are required by law to verify the identity of our clients. So we may ask you to provide us with various personal information.
The Non-Personal Information we Collect
When you interact with our website, we automatically collect certain personally non-identifiable information (“Non-Personal Information”) from you. The Non-Personal Information we collect includes without limitation, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, domain name of your internet service provider, your approximate geographic location, a record of the pages that you visit, the time of your visits and aggregated Personal Information that cannot be used to specifically identify you. Such information, which is collected passively using various technologies is strictly for statistical purposes and to determine the visitor traffic patterns through our website and cannot, in and of itself, be used to specifically identify you.
We sometimes use “cookies” to collect information regarding the manner in which our website is used by Users.
“Cookies” are programs that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive. They enable us to improve interactivity with the website. The purpose of “cookies” is to enhance your future visits to our website. You can set your browser to notify you if “cookies” are to be transferred or to reject “cookies” but this may prevent your use of some of our web pages.
Cookies only store information from your browser, they cannot access data on your hard drive. Cookies are text files that cannot transfer viruses to your computer or mobile device.
How we use your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- respond to your enquires,
- send you a quote for our legal solutions,
- verify your identity,
- provide you with our services,
- improve our service to you by analysing it for trends,
- invite you to attend events we hold,
- send you updates on the latest legal developments, and
- send you marketing material (including electronic communications) relating to other solutions you might be interested in. You can unsubscribe from our newsletter at any time using the link in any of the newsletters and thereafter we will not market to you.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We are not in the business of selling personal information and therefore we will not disclose your personal information to anyone except as provided in this policy.
- We may for marketing purposes disclose or transfer your personal information to our agencies.
- It may be necessary for us to disclose or transfer your personal information to suppliers, affiliates, partners or agents in order to provide you with our services.
- We will obviously need to disclose your personal information to employees of ours who require it to do their jobs. We make sure they are aware of and take their confidentiality obligations seriously. They are contractually bound to keep all confidential information confidential.
- There may be situations where the law requires us to disclose your personal information. In all other situations, we will not disclose your personal information without notifying you and enabling you to object.
Security of Personal Information
We take all reasonable and appropriate measures to keep your personal information secure. For example, we encrypt our laptops and our phones. However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of it. We back-up all your personal information on a regular basis.
Third Party Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to perform service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our website is used. These third parties do NOT have access to your Personal Information, but do have access to your Non-Personal Information which they use only to perform these tasks on our behalf. They are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Our website does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Non-Personal Information for internal analysis purposes. Non-Personal Information is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our LMS service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Access to and Correction of Personal Information
All users of our website shall, having provided adequate proof of his/her identity to us, be entitled to –
- submit a request in writing to us to confirm, free of charge, whether or not we hold Personal Information about such User; and
- request from us the record or a description of the Personal Information about the User held, including Information about the identity of all third parties, or categories of third parties, who have, or have had, access to the Personal Information at a reasonable fee charged by us within a reasonable time from the date of receipt of such request.
Use of our website and any electronic transaction concluded with us are governed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. If any user accesses our website from locations outside of the Republic of South Africa, that user is responsible for compliance with all local laws.