Doing your Articles at Ashersons Attorneys
Choosing the law firm where you wish to complete your articles of clerkship is the first big decision that you’re going to make after finishing law school. If you are passionate about law and want a rewarding career as a lawyer, we should be your first choice.
We offer law graduates the opportunity to serve articles of clerkship with us over a period of two years. We believe in cultivating the knowledge and skills of our people to help them launch successful careers in law. In working closely with our Partners, we strive to ensure that each candidate attorney becomes a valued member of our team.
How to apply for Articles for 2020
March 2019 – We will begin accepting applications for articles commencing in January 2020.
15 May 2019 – The closing date for accepting applications for articles commencing in 2020.
late May/early June 2019 – We will hold interviews with potential candidates.
June 2019 – We will make a decision regarding successful candidates and will send out an email to all who applied advising them of the outcome of their application.
Requirements for consideration
- South African citizen or permanent resident
- Studied/studying at a South African Institution
- Expect to complete an LLB by the year articles commence
- Achieve good academic results
We require the following to accompany your application:
- academic transcripts of LLB degree up to and including November in the last completed year of study
- academic transcripts of any undergraduate qualification (and any other relevant qualifications)
- any legal piece of writing, for example a short article, essay, assignment, etc, that you’ve previously submitted as part of your course work
- matric certificate
- copy of ID
Please ensure that your application, together with all supporting documentation, is sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Application for articles: Your name“